Liaison with Faculties and Student Centres
Liaison with Faculties encourages communication and information exchange between them, and Counselling and Psychological Services. Counsellors and Faculty representatives meet each year to:
- examine usage of the Service by Faculty students and staff
- analyse emerging issues and trends
- explore possible training needs
Workshops can then be provided to assist in improving working relationships for groups of staff, or groups of staff and students. Recent popular workshops include Managing Students at Risk, Dealing with Difficult Situations, Communication Skills and Stress Management for Staff.
Liaison to Student Centres also occurs with Counselling and Psychological Services. Individual counsellors are assigned as the principal contact both to these Centres and also some of the major graduate schools. The Counsellor liaison role encompasses:
- advice on complex student presentations
- general consultancy
- some on-site presence
- attendance at student centre staff meetings, as requested
- assisting in managing and responding to critical incidents
- help in facilitating referrals, including to individual counselling, and to workshops and groups responding to requests for and negotiating tailored training for staff
- providing information on Counselling and Psychological Services usage data relating to cohorts, to inform training and practice of staff in student centres.
For further information please contact Orania Tokatlidis(email@example.com), Manager, Counselling and Psychological Services.