Mental Health Promotion and Support Strategy Working Group
Terms of Reference
The Mental Health Promotion and Support Strategy Working Group was established to:
- Provide a forum for representatives from the University Community to share information and collaborate on mental health initiatives, to collectively build mental health capacity.
- Advise on current and emerging issues, trends and themes relating to mental health, and the raising of awareness of these matters across the University. This includes providing specific mental health input to the broader University of Melbourne Wellbeing Strategy, and Australian Health Promoting Universities Network.
- Manager, Counselling and Psychological Services, Academic Services
- Director, Wellbeing, Academic Services
- Representative from Chancellery
- Representative from HR Employee Relations
- Manager, Health Service, Academic Services
- Manager, Campus Community (student support services), Academic Services
- An academic staff member from the Melbourne Centre for Study of Higher Education with an interest in mental health
- An academic staff member from a Faculty with an interest in mental health
- Professional staff members in faculty based wellbeing roles
- Professional staff member in a student services advisory role
- Mental Health Program Coordinator, Counselling and Psychological Services, Academic Services
- Head of College representative
- A representative from the University of Melbourne Student Union
- A representative from the University of Melbourne Graduate Student Association
- Two consumers of mental health services (a current student and a current staff member)
- Any other key group as determined by the membership
Meetings and Operation
The Mental Health Promotion and Support Strategy Working Group meets four times per year, for one and a half hours.
A Working Group representative aims to meet annually with other Australian/Victorian University Mental Health Promotion and Support Strategy representatives.