Continual attention to self care is vital to mental and physical health. Things to consider include:
- Sleep: do I get enough good, regular sleep?
- Diet: is my food nutritious enough? Am I eating enough/too much?
- Exercise: Medical research advises 3 periods of exercise a week, of 30 minutes each, vigorous enough to make you sweat and increase your heart beat
- Relaxation: am I able to relax when I feel I deserve it, and have done enough for the day? It is essential sometimes to just ‘tune out’ by lying on a couch, listening to peaceful music, going for a slow walk, etc.
- Socialising. It’s great to go out and meet friends, eat something, have a dance, play some sport, etc, but is it going too far? If you constantly spend too much time in a crowded, demanding atmosphere, it’s going to be very hard to get a restful sleep, relax by yourself, or focus on real study priorities later on.