Disability legislation e-learning modules
Welcome to our interactive, scenario-based e-learning modules on the Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) and Disability Standards for Education (DSE).
These modules have been developed specifically for tertiary institutions. Our obligations under these Acts extend from the enrolment process through to the graduation of students. The content of the training is therefore relevant to all staff at the University.
How to Access the modules:
All University staff can self-enrol in the Disability Support community using the following method:
- Log onto the LMS site with your staff username and password
- Click on the 'Communities' tab
- Click ‘self-enrol’ on the right hand side
- Search for 'Disability Support' in the search box at the top and click 'Go'
- Hover the mouse over 'PDEV004', click the drop-down menu, select 'Enrol', and click Submit.
You will now see the 'Disability Support' community listed on your Home and Community tabs whenever you log into the LMS. Simply click the link to enter the community.
You are encouraged to access these modules as a refresher or to clarify the practical impact of these obligations on particular aspects of your work at the University of Melbourne.
The e-learning suite is self-paced and is best undertaken one module at a time rather than in one sitting. The modules cover the following topics:
- These are our students
- The aims of the Disability Standards for Education
- Making reasonable adjustments
- Standards for enrolment
- Standards for participation
- Curriculum development, accreditation and delivery
- Support services, and
- Harassment and victimisation
We hope that this suite of e-learning modules on the DDA and Education Standards are beneficial and inform your work at the University. We welcome your feedback.
Manager Disability Liaison,
Tel: 9035 3551.