All final departure, reunion and fieldwork travel bookings must be made through:
Campus Travel (Melbourne University branch)
Ground Floor, Union Building
The University of Melbourne, Parkville
Telephone: 03 9098 9301
Toll-free number: 1300 855 154
After hours emergency numbers:
In Australia: 1300 727 720
International: +61 7 3011 7823
Download the travel booking information sheet.
You can access your reunion airfare entitlement after your first year of successful study. Read the Scholarship Handbook for complete information on the Reunion Airfare Entitlement (section 10.8).
Book your flight after your second semester's exam results are released. If you want to book your flight earlier, you must submit your travel itinerary to an AusAID Student Contact Officer for approval, then pay for the airfare first and get a reimbursement after your exam results are released.
You must have achieved satisfactory academic progress (stated in your progress report) in the first year of your study.
Complete the Student payment request form and return it along with your receipt to an AusAID Student Contact Officer.
Financial support is available for overseas fieldwork if:
- you are enrolled in either a Masters by Research program or PhD, and
- your study program requires overseas fieldwork for first-hand observations or data collection
How to apply
- Download the overseas fieldwork application form
- Submit your completed form to an AusAID Student Contact Officer at least 3 months in advance
- You will be notified by e-mail when your application is approved
Before heading home, consider attending some of the Final Year, What's Next sessions.
You must return to your home country within 30 days after the official publication of your exam results or submission of your thesis. You can stay for your graduation only if it is held within these 30 days.
- You will receive an email reminder to make flight bookings 6 months before the completion of your studies
- Book your flight with the Campus Travel branch on campus:
- You must travel home by the most direct route and at the cheapest airfare available (economy class) at the time of travel
- Campus Travel will send your travel itinerary to the AusAID Student Contact Officers for approval. Once approved, you cannot change your travel details unless you get permission from the AusAID Student Contact Officer.