Pre-departure Volunteer Program
We are currently seeking enthusiastic volunteers to assist with our Pre-Departure Briefings in January 2018.
This is a great opportunity for students travelling home during the break to engage with students preparing or considering study at the University. It is also an opportunity to build your professional skills. Participation is counted towards the Leaders in Communities Award, and volunteers are recognised with a certificate of participation and thank-you event.
- Develop your interpersonal and team work skills
- Develop your cross-cultural communication skills
- Attend a training session to build your facilitation skills
- Meet current and new students
- Network with alumni volunteers
- Share your own experience and help international students settle into life at Melbourne
The role of a volunteer is to give new students a positive and enjoyable experience at the Pre-departure Briefing, and to make new students feel comfortable and confident about their transition to the University of Melbourne. You’ll have the opportunity to make friends, answer questions and share your personal experience.
Applications are now closed.