Under 18 International Student Supervision Program
When you choose a University-approved accommodation option, you will become part of the Under 18 International Student Supervision Program. The Program provides you with additional support, guidance and activities to encourage you to be your best at the University of Melbourne.
Meet other under 18 international students from across the University and build important connections with our dedicated staff.
Attend our program of events, activities and workshops designed exclusively to support your transition to university, succeed academically and feel part of the University and life in Melbourne.
Ensure your accommodation is approved and appropriate to your needs. Discuss any issues about your living arrangements or seek approval to change your accommodation.
Request approval for travel outside Australia at any time. Keep in contact if you need to stay away from your approved accommodation.
Check in face-to-face with our Under 18 team to meet the University’s requirements for under 18 international students. You need to keep in contact so we know you are safe and well.
To register with the Under 18 International Student Supervision Program, you must have applied for pre-approved or alternative accommodation. More information on selecting your accommodation.
U18 Program participants are required to meet weekly with the U18 team, starting with the program induction and following with a series of interactive workshops, tailored individual appointments and informal drop-in sessions. The program is designed to ensure you are supported and encouraged to make the most of your University experience.
View sample program
- Understand how the program works – your responsibilities and the support available to you
- Meet the University of Melbourne U18 team
- Meet other U18 students (past and current)
- Meet academic staff from your Faculty
- Ask questions!
Get Ready to Learn
- Learn strategies to help you study efficiently and effectively
- Understand how the Library can assist with your research, assignments and referencing
Early Planning for a Successful Semester
- Develop practical short and long term planning and revision strategies
Making Social Connections (Chit chat)
- Develop your conversation skills for improved social connections
Maintaining Wellbeing and Cultivating Resilience
- Develop strategies to thrive in your new environment
Preparing for Exams
- Develop skills and strategies to prepare for exams
Student Connect Appointments:
30-minute appointment with a specialist adviser tailored to your interests and needs
- Discuss your goals for University and beyond
- Co-create an Action Plan to achieve your goals
Weekly Face to Face check-ins:
Weekly drop-in sessions with U18 team
- Ask questions
- Seek advice and support
- Tell us how life at university is going!