Course Progress

Academic Progress

Coursework students

The University is required to report awardees’ academic results to the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) and maintain an up-to-date record of their academic progress.

If an awardee fails a subject, we also report on the awardee’s strategy for improved academic progress, which should address the reasons for failure and if possible, set out a plan to complete their course within their scholarship duration.

If an awardee is unable to complete their course by their scholarship end date, an early exit award (such as a Graduate Diploma or Certificate) is considered if available. A scholarship extension may also be considered. Extensions are only approved in a limited number of circumstances which are beyond the control of the awardee.

The maximum length of an extension is 6 months.

Research students

The AAS team will contact you each semester to request you complete a research progress report in consultation with your supervisor.

The report should indicate the progress of your research and any problems that may affect your progress.