Introductory Academic Program
New Australia Award Scholars must enrol and participate in the Introductory Academic Program (IAP) subject before the semester begins.
The Introductory Academic Program will introduce you to the demands of the Australian academic environment and includes general information sessions. The program focuses on developing academic skills needed to make a smooth transition to study in Australia. You will also have time to look for accommodation.
The Introductory Academic Program covers the following areas:
- Orientation and adjustment
- Finding accommodation
- Health and wellbeing
- Finance and budgeting
- Bringing your family to Australia
- Argumentation and critical thinking
- Thesis writing and working with supervisors
- Basic research skills, seminar presentation and academic writing
- Computer literacy