Travel booking information
All final departure, reunion and fieldwork travel bookings must be made through:
Room 104, John Smyth Building
The University of Melbourne, Parkville
Telephone: 03 9035 5666 (available 24 hours/7 days)
You can access your reunion airfare entitlement after your first year of successful study. Read the Scholarship Handbook for complete information on the Reunion Airfare Entitlement.
Awardees are strongly encouraged to book their reunion travel for departure after final results are released, so your itinerary can be changed if you need to sit a supplementary exam. Only very short notice is given for supplementary exams, and they generally cannot be rescheduled or held off-campus. Please be aware that if you book your flight for before final results are released, you will need to bear the cost of returning to Melbourne if you need to sit a supplementary exam.
You must have achieved satisfactory academic progress (stated in your progress report) in the first year of your study.
Financial support is available for overseas fieldwork if:
- you are enrolled in either a Masters by Research program or PhD, and
- your study program requires overseas fieldwork for first-hand observations or data collection
- Download the overseas fieldwork application form
- Submit your completed form to an Student Contact Officer at least 3 months in advance
- You will be notified by e-mail when your application is approved
- Familiarise yourself with the University's policy on study away from the University
You must return to your home country within 30 days after the official publication of your exam results or submission of your thesis. You can stay for your graduation only if it is held within these 30 days.
- You will receive an email reminder to make flight bookings before the completion of your studies
- Book your flight with UniTravel (from October for December completion and from May for July completion):
- You must travel home by the most direct route and at the cheapest airfare available (economy class) at the time of travel
- UniTravel will send your travel itinerary to the Student Contact Officers for approval. Once approved, you cannot change your travel details unless you get permission from the Student Contact Officer.