The travelling scholarships listed below enable graduate students to pursue study, research, visits with an academic purpose, etc overseas. These scholarships are offered as part of the Melbourne Scholarships Program.
Use the links to find out about scholarship benefits, eligibility requirements, application procedures, application status and closing dates.
Application forms are located in the Forms and Applications section of the graduate research scholarships website. The Melbourne Scholarships Office is unable to consider late or incomplete applications.
As the number of applications is usually greater than the number of scholarships available to award, applicants are encouraged to fully research other funding opportunities.
- Melbourne Abroad Travelling Scholarships (MATS) are for the University's PhD and other research doctorate students to travel overseas to engage in one or more academic activities directly related to their studies.
- Overseas Research Experience Scholarships (ORES) are for the University's PhD and other research doctorate students to travel to an overseas university to undertake research towards their doctorate. The minimum trip length of 2 months is waived for visits to U21 institutions.
- M.A. Bartlett Special Travel Grant-in-aid is a top-up awarded to the highest ranked MATS applicants each round.
- Riady Scholarships are for the University's PhD and other research doctorate students to undertake fieldwork in Asia.
- Rae and Edith Bennett Travelling Scholarships are for students and graduates of the University of Melbourne to undertake postgraduate studies or research for 12 – 36 months in the United Kingdom.
- Sir Arthur Sims Travelling Scholarship is for graduates from any Australian university to undertake postgraduate study or research in the United Kingdom.
- W.E.J. Craig Travelling Scholarship is for students and graduates of the University of Melbourne to undertake graduate studies or research in animal husbandry at an overseas institution.
- Commonwealth Scholarships in the United Kingdom are for graduate study in the United Kingdom.
- Frank Knox Memorial Fellowship is for graduate study at Harvard University.
- Universitas 21 is an international network of leading research-intensive universities that aim to enhance staff and student mobility.