Universitas 21 is an international network of leading research-intensive universities, of which the University of Melbourne is a founding member. One of the key aims of the U21 network is to enhance staff and student mobility.
To view the full list of U21 institutions and to learn more about this network visit the U21 website.
Funding for University of Melbourne students to visit U21 institutions
The Melbourne Scholarships Program offers a number of travelling scholarships that provide support for University of Melbourne graduate research students to pursue research/studies at U21 institutions that are located overseas.
Other funding options include:
- graduate coursework students may be considered for the scholarships offered to students participating in the University’s Melbourne Global Mobility Program.
- all graduate students, both research and coursework, will automatically receive additional funding for participating in an exchange to a U21 destination through the Melbourne Global Mobility Program.
- the Endeavour Australia Cheung Kong Awards enable high achieving Australian scholars to undertake short-term research in any field in Asia and for Asians to do the same in Australia. These awards are offered as part of the Australian Government’s Australian Scholarships program.
- some U21 universities may offer financial support to students visiting from U21 institutions. Contact the U21 institution you plan to visit for details.
- the opportunities listed elsewhere on the Graduate Research Scholarships website. Your faculty or department may, for example, provide support for visits to U21 institutions.
Students from other U21 institutions visiting the University of Melbourne
Your home institution may provide funds for visits to U21 institutions.
The support that the University of Melbourne provides to all graduate research degree students from U21 institutions visiting the University is available from the Melbourne School of Graduate Research.
Some of the scholarships offered by the Australian Government as part of the Australian Scholarships program would support visits to the University of Melbourne. Examples are listed below.
- Endeavour Europe Awards allow students from designated European countries to undertake research in any field in Australia toward a higher degree in their home country, or to complete an Australian higher degree in any field.
- Endeavour Australia Cheung Kong Awards enable high achieving scholars from Asia to undertake short-term research in any field in Australia and for Australians to do the same in Asia.