Mildura Alumni Scholarship
The Mildura alumni occupy a special place in the University of Melbourne's history. From 1947 to 1949 over 1000 students had the unique experience of studying in Mildura as part of the University's extended campus.
Each year alumni and staff return to the University of Melbourne to reflect on that exceptional time. In 2005 a number of alumni established an enduring memorial to Mildura in order to give back to the community that provided them with such an enriching experience. The Mildura Alumni Scholarship assists students from the Mildura region to attend the University.
- Scholarship applications open Monday 6 August 9am and close on Friday 19 October 5pm on the VTAC website
- Scholarship applicants must also apply for a course place using the SEAS application on the VTAC website
- SEAS applications opened on 6 August and closed on 9 October.
- Successful VCE applicants will be emailed an offer in December 2012
- Successful Interstate and International Baccalaureate (IB) applicants will be emailed an offer in January 2013
Up to 3 are available each year.
The normal duration of an undergraduate degree.
To be eligible, students must:
- be admitted to The University of Melbourne through Access Melbourne
- have attended school and resided within a 250km radius of the Mildura G.P.O. for not less than 12 months preceding the date of their initial application for a scholarship;
- require assistance with the expense of moving to Melbourne, living expenses during their course, or tuition fees.
Awards are based on consideration of the following Access Melbourne categories:
- Completed school in a rural or isolated area; and
- Hardship caused by socio-economic circumstances; and
- From an under-represented school
- All eligible candidates who apply using the VTAC SEAS application, will be automatically considered once VTAC or equivalent results are released
- Scholarship applications open 6 August and close 19 October
- SEAS applications open 6 August and close 9 October
- Late applications cannot be submitted after the closing date.
- Supporting documentation cannot be submitted after the closing date
Students who are eligible for a Mildura Alumni Scholarship will be notified of the scholarship offer by email in January, after course offers have been made.
You will not be able to defer your Mildura Alumni Scholarship.