What if my club is not affiliated, or if I am not part of any club?
As the representative of a non-affiliated club or as an individual student, you have two options if you wish to book a centrally managed teaching space. You can either:
- approach your teaching department to see if they are willing to make an internal booking on your behalf. There are generally no costs associated with internal departmental bookings during the day;
- make an External Booking. Please note that there are costs associated with booking the venue as an external client.
As a representative of a student club, you can book a "Central" teaching space or outdoor location under the following conditions:
- Your club is affiliated with the student union or the Graduate Student Association;
- You are the president, vice president, secretary or treasurer of that club. Other club members are unable to book venues on behalf of the club executives;
- Your club is willing to bear any service costs incurred (including event support, AV support and cleaning as required).
- The booking is for internal club activities only and not on behalf of an external organisation, or a club sponsor.
If you and your club agree to these conditions please make a request using the Student Club Booking Form.
Afterhours bookings are any bookings on a Saturday or Sunday, or that finishes later than 6:15pm on a weekday.
Dedicated Event Support is required for afterhours bookings for Student clubs, where any of the following conditions are met:
- The event finishes after 9:30pm Monday - Friday or after 5pm on Saturday or Sunday;
- The booking is for a venue with a capacity of 100 or more;
- Ancillary services (tables, event support) have been requested.
- There are external people coming to the event;
- The event has been publicly advertised.
If you would like to drop into our office to discuss your booking, we have drop in times available (students will not be seen outside of these times without prior arrangement):
- Tuesday: 10am-12noon & 2-4pm
- Wednesday: 10am-12noon & 2-4pm
- Thursday: 10am-12noon & 2-4pm
More information on the types of rooms available for bookings on campus, and the services provided in relation to room hire can be found under "General Information".
A detailed explanation of the roles and responsibilities of all parties in relation to the booking of University facilities can be found in the University of Melbourne Venue Management Policy and Venue Management Procedure.