These are the shared venues on the Parkville campus that have certain restrictions associated with their use. If you would like to make a booking in the venues listed below you may need to provide extra information in relation to your event.
Yasuko Hiraoka Myer Room, Sidney Myer Asia Centre
Bookings in the Yasuko Hiraoka Myer Room require the approval of Asialink and the Asia Institute. This venue’s purpose is to be a catalyst for Australia's understanding and engagement with contemporary Asia, and to foster awareness of the importance to civilization of the diverse Asian cultures, both ancient and modern. Therefore, proposed use of the venue should be consistent with this purpose.
Any booking requests for this venue should still be made by through Web Room Booking or through the external request form if you are an external client, alternatively the student club request form if you are from a student club. Venue Management will seek approval from Asialink and the Asia Institute on your behalf.
The following booking protocols apply to the Yasuko Hiraoka Myer Room:
- It is the booker’sresponsibility to organise set up and pack down of the room and book the room for this purpose
- The room should be packed up and reset to an empty space after the event is finished
- Any events that have catering requires cleaning after the event
Union Hall (Grand Buffet Hall)
Union Hall is located in the Union House building and has a seated capacity of 200 cabaret style and 300 standing. The hall is an empty flat floored venue which require set up. There is no longer bar or kitchen facilities attached to the hall. There are no AV or IT facilities in the hall.
The following booking protocols apply to Union Hall:
- At least four hours is required before and after events that require set up and pack down. Please note that there may be costs associated with this.
- Bookings finishing after the regular open hours of Union House require a dedicated event support officer.
- Events should be finished and have left the premises by the end time of their booking.
- Cleaning is required for all events in the hall.
To make an enquiry about using Union Hall, please submit the ServiceNow form if you are a staff member, or use the external request form if you are an external client, alternatively the student club request form if you are from a student club.
Located in the middle of Parkville Campus, Wilson Hall has a capacity of 1140 theatre style or 372 examination style. The Hall is predominantly used for University of Melbourne events such as graduations, examinations and as an enrolment venue. When the hall is not being used for University of Melbourne events it is available to be used by University Academic Divisions or for hire by external groups.
Wilson Hall is a unique venue with Heritage listing and specific conditions of use. Please read through the Booking Procedures and Conditions of Use before making any booking request for Wilson Hall.
In order to make a booking in Wilson Hall, the following steps need to be taken:
- To make an enquiry about using Wilson Hall, please submit the ServiceNow form if you are a staff member, or use the external request form if you are an external client, alternatively the student club request form if you are from a student club.
- Wait for notification from Venue Management that the Hall is available at the requested time (Please note that this is done in consultation with Infrastructure Services. It is therefore not possible to give an instant answer on the availability of this space).
- After Infrastructure Services has assessed your booking request, your booking can be moved to confirmed status. You will be advised when your booking has been finalised.
Conditions of Use
Wilson Hall is listed on the Victorian Heritage Register.
When using Wilson Hall, poster boards and sandwich boards are available for hire for the purpose of displaying posters, notices, directions etc. The University of Melbourne advises that under no circumstances are any of the following to be used to attach items to the seats, walls, floor, windows or stage area:
- Sticky Tape (of any kind)
- Drawing Pins
Such items will be removed and the cost of removal passed on to the client. If you wish to attach any display items, you may use BluTack or Suction Caps to do so. Any other items are not to be used. If you have any queries, please contact Venue Management.
Bookings that require the use of the furniture stored in the basement of Wilson Hall (graduation seating and examination desks and chairs) require at least a two-day buffer on each side of the event, to allow for set up and pack down of furniture. Please note that there may be costs associated with set up and pack down.
the open stage
'the open stage' theatre complex is a flexible performance venue and specialised learning space for the University community.
In 2017 and 2018 the open stage will be used for teaching throughout both semester 1 and semester 2 and for other student facing activities outside of those times. This limits the availability of the theatre for other productions.
To make an enquiry about using Wilson Hall, please submit the ServiceNow form if you are a staff member, or use the external request form if you are an external client, alternatively the student club request form if you are from a student club.