Prepare for assessments
Tips and resources to help you skill-up and to plan for, research and execute your assessment tasks to the best of your ability.
Using a semester planner
- Plan your assignment: Learn how to stay organised and keep track of tasks with an assignment planner.
- Manage your time (PDF 408.9 KB): Improve your motivation and increase your performance.
- Join the Academic Skills Hub: Develop skills online at your own pace.
- Exam study skills: Tips, workshops and past exam papers to help you achieve your best during exams.
- Visit a Study & Learning Drop-in: For one-on-one support for all your academic skills, maths, and library questions.
- Find out how to use the Library: Everything from borrowing, booking a room or computer to finding resources for your assignment and using Library databases.
- Develop your research skills: This guide will get you started when you’re ready to begin researching for your first assessment.
- Research by study topic: Online Library Guides to help you find the best resources for your area of study.
- Understand your assessment tasks (PDF 178.9 KB): Analyse essay questions and know how to respond correctly.
- Refine your essay writing (PDF 169.7 KB): Understand the tertiary style of essay writing.
- Develop critical literacy (PDF 93.6 KB): Interpret, express and engage with academic ideas.
- Speak and present with confidence (video): Learn how to present ideas in a succinct manner.
- Manage presentation stress (PDF 185.4 KB): These techniques will keep you calm in front of a crowd.
- Know how to reference: Get clear examples and instructions on how to use referencing styles correctly.
- Understand your responsibilities: Take responsibility for maintaining your academic integrity.