Child Care Management Advisory Committee
All parents have the right to be involved in the management and day-to-day activities of the Children's centre which their children attend. Parent involvement establishes trust between the parents and staff, which in turn benefits the children.
The responsibility of ensuring the opportunity for parent involvement is shared between the Child Care Management Advisory Committee and the staff. At the start of each booking year nominations are called for the Child Care Management Advisory Committee.
Membership of the Committee
- Manager Children's Services
- Six users of the Children's Centres, including one staff user and one student user from each centre, of which one will be the chair of the committee.
- Director, Swanston St. Children's Centre
- Director, Queensberry Children's Centre
- An Early Childhood academic from the Melbourne Graduate School of Education.
- A nominee of the president of the University of Melbourne Student Union (UMSU) and the Graduate Students' Association (GSA)
- One staff member from each centre
The committee normally meets ten times per year.
Terms of Reference
- to provide advice and assistance to the Manager, Children's Services, who has executive responsibilities for the Centres
- to monitor the approved budget for the Centres and authorise expenditure in accordance with the approved budget
- to foster good relations between staff and parent users of the Centres
- to report on financial and policy matters to the Child Care Advisory Committee
Operation of the Committee
The Chair of the Child Care Management Advisory Committee is elected annually by the members of that committee and is rotated annually between a user of the Swanston Street and Queensberry Children's Centres.