Special Consideration

Can a Counsellor help me apply for Special Consideration?

Students who have been seeing a CAPS Counsellor in an ongoing way about issues affecting their study can talk to their Counsellor about completing a Health Professional Report (HPR) to support an application for special consideration.

Before making an appointment:

What if I have not been to see a Counsellor at CAPS before?

HPR forms are best completed by health professionals who have prior knowledge of your circumstances.

If it is your first time at CAPS, we may not be able to complete your HPR, but we can discuss options and support available with you.

If you have not seen a Counsellor before, you can still make an appointment to discuss personal issues that are impacting your study.