Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is a certified training program which teaches you how to provide initial support to someone in a mental health crisis situation, or someone who is developing a mental disorder, until professional treatment is received or the crisis resolves.
About Mental Health First Aid training
MHFA training covers mental health problems including:
- Anxiety problems
- Substance use problems
and mental health crisis situations including:
- Suicidal thoughts and behaviours
- Panic attacks
- Severe effects of drug or alcohol use
- Severe psychotic states
- Aggressive behaviours
Blended Mental Health First Aid for Tertiary Students
Blended MHFA training consists of online training followed by a half-day face-to-face workshop.
When registering for the online training, please note:
- Please use your University of Melbourne student email address.
- Online training has a cost of $50, which is paid directly to Mental Health First Aid Australia.
- It is recommended that you allow 8 hours to complete it.
- You must have completed the online training before attending the face-to-face workshop. It is recommended that you complete the online component at least 1 week prior.
Workshop times and dates are listed below. Registrations will open closer to the date of each workshop.
|Mental Health First Aid (Blended)||Friday 19 July||9.30am-1.30pm||Registration closed|
|Mental Health First Aid (Blended)||Monday 26 August||9.30am-1.30pm||Registration closed|
|Mental Health First Aid (Blended)||
Thursday 12 September|
(R U OK Day)
|Mental Health First Aid (Blended)||Tuesday 1 October||12-4pm||Registration closed|
|Mental Health First Aid (Blended)||Wednesday 20 November||9.30am-1.30pm||Registration open|
Standard 2-Day Mental Health First Aid Training
For any Mental Health First Aid Training enquiries, please email CAPSemail@example.com.