Graduate Students

University of Melbourne

Student Financial
Student LoansShort-term and long-term loans for students in financial need. Intended to help meet emergency situations and unexpected costs.
Student Housing
Student Housing Access Program (SHAP)Transitional share-house accommodation in university owned properties.
Graduate Research Scholarships Funds and resources are collated on this site to assist graduate research students.
Graduate Coursework ScholarshipsFunds and resources are collated on this site to assist graduate coursework students.
Graduate Access Melbourne BursariesGraduate Access Melbourne Bursaries are one-off grants to assist people from under-represented groups or who have experienced adverse circumstances affecting their education.
Housing GrantsAim to assist students who must live away from home in to attend University.
Trust Fund GrantsAvailable to currently enrolled students in financial need.


Australian Government-
Student study paymentsAll Australian students are stongly advised to investigate Centrelink payments before commencing a course.
Health Care Cards

A Health Care Card entitles you to reduced cost medicines as well as a limited number of other concessions.

Good Universities Guide scholarship searchThis site hosts an excellent awards and scholarships database, including assistance for graduate students.
Other Government AssistanceList of government services and programs that are available.
Please note that Centrelink study payments are usually not available to full-time PhD students (ABSTUDY is payable). For more information regarding eligibility, contact Centrelink or Student Financial Aid before you enrol.
Victorian Government
Bond Loan SchemeThe Victorian government can provide low-income earners a loan for the bond when commencing a tenancy. Applications can be made to the Department of Human Services.