Bond Return

At the start of your tenancy, your landlord should lodged your bond money with the Residential Tenancies Bond Authority (RTBA).

At the end of your tenancy, your landlord should have a valid reason if they want to claim from your bond money.

They must also have your permission to keep some or all of the bond. Your permission is granted in the form of your signature on a Bond Claim form.

Read about your rights and duties regarding bonds so that you understand what your landlord is entitled to claim for.

Things to remember

  • Never sign a blank Bond Claim form.
  • Never leave blank spaces on paperwork.
  • Either cross through, write 'not applicable' or enter zeros (0) where no dollar amount needs to be entered.