Australia Awards Scholarship student entitlements and responsibilities
As an Australia Award Scholarship (AAS) sponsored student, you enjoy various entitlements including:
- Payment of academic fees
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
- Airfare to and from Australia at the beginning and end of your scholarship
- Establishment allowance at the beginning of the scholarship
- Introductory Academic Program (IAP) prior to the commencement of studies
- Fortnightly contribution to living expenses (CLE), paid on the University's fortnightly pay dates.
- Supplementary Academic Support (tutorial assistance) funding when essential to academic success
- One return airfare to the student's home country or within Australia for for fieldwork for research students
- Reunion airfare if applicable
Refer to the Scholarships Handbook for a complete summary of student responsibilities. The Scholarships Handbook serves as a guide on student management and scholarship processes.
- Study full time, achieve satisfactory academic progress and complete the course by the scholarship end date. Research students must complete a progress report at the end of each semester
- Participate in the Introductory Academic Program (IAP) on arrival in Australia
- Participate in all activities associated with your course including attending all lectures and tutorials, submitting all work required, and sitting for all examinations
- Discuss any changes to the approved program with the AAS team
- Return to your country of citizenship for two years upon the completion of your course of study in Australia
- Be aware that the scholarship may be terminated at any time for failure to comply with Australian laws, misconduct, breaches of scholarship conditions, or failure to make satisfactory academic progress
Keep the University informed
- Update your address and contact details via the Student Portal
- Make sure you have a valid visa and passport while you are studying in Australia
- Make sure that your Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) is valid for the duration of your course
- If you fall pregnant, you are encouraged to contact us. For further information, see Support for awardees and the Pregnancy Fact Sheet.
- Contact us immediately if:
- your visa is about to expire
- your OSHC needs to be extended
- you marry a person who is an Australian citizen or permanent resident.