Introductory Academic Program
New Australia Awards Scholars enrol and participate in the Introductory Academic Program (IAP) prior to the commencement of their first semester.
The IAP is a one-month program that focuses on developing the academic skills needed to make a smooth transition to study in Australia. You will be introduced to the demands of the Australian academic environment through tutorials and workshops. The IAP also includes general information sessions, excursions, and time for self-directed activities such as finding accommodation.
The IAP covers the following areas:
- Orientation and adjustment
- Finding accommodation
- Health and wellbeing
- Finance and budgeting
- Bringing your family to Australia
- Argumentation and critical thinking
- Thesis writing and working with supervisors
- Basic research skills, seminar presentation and academic writing
- Computer literacy
Excursion to the National Institute of Circus Arts (NICA)
City Coffee Tour