Rae and Edith Bennett Travelling Scholarship Terms and Conditions (2014)
The following terms and conditions apply to the Rae and Edith Bennett Travelling Scholarships awarded in 2014.
Overseas course means the course of study at the institution as specified in your scholarship offer.
The benefits of the Scholarship are specified in your scholarship offer and may include:
3.1 Living allowance
- The value of the living allowance is specified in your scholarship offer. Living allowances are paid in two instalments in January and May (full time student rate).
- Part-time students who have received approval to continue to receive the living allowance, will receive the living allowance at 50% of the full-time students rate up to the total value of the living allowance
The following conditions apply:
You must complete your current University of Melbourne degree course before undertaking the proposed overseas course, unless the proposed overseas course is part of your course of study at the University of Melbourne; and
- enrol in the overseas course by 31 October 2014 or a later date with the prior approval from Melbourne Scholarships; and
- maintain enrolment in the course and institution specified in your scholarship offer.
- send with a progress report (max 250 words) and official confirmation of enrolment from the overseas institution by 15 December 2014 and 15 April 2015 to Melbourne Scholarships: email@example.com
The Scholarship can only be deferred to commence in 2015.
If you enrol as a part-time student, the living allowance will be suspended while you are a part-time student, unless you provide Melbourne Scholarships evidence that there are compassionate or compelling circumstances that prevent you from undertaking a full-time study load (e.g. illness, course structure, traumatic experience)
You cannot receive the Scholarship concurrently with another, substantial scholarship. If you are awarded another scholarship, you must notify Melbourne Scholarships immediately.
You must notify Melbourne Scholarships immediately of any change to your circumstances that may affect your eligibility to continue receiving the Scholarship, including:
- Withdrawal, suspension or leave from the overseas course;
- Undertaking a course other than the overseas course;
- Change to your enrolment status from full-time to part-time or vice versa;
- Completion the overseas course for which the scholarship has been awarded.
- Being awarded another scholarship for undertaking your overseas course
If you have been overpaid as a result of the changes in your circumstances, you will be required to repay the scholarship benefits to the University of Melbourne.
You are required to submit a written report to Melbourne Scholarships within 2 weeks of the end of the scholarship. The report should be no longer than 1000 words and include your views on:
- Graduate study/research undertaken while holding the scholarship;
- Personal benefits of the study overseas and the impact of the experience on your career;
- Operation of the scholarship scheme, including any suggestions for improvement.
It is the responsibility of the scholarship recipient to organise appropriate health and travel insurance for their graduate study/research in the United Kingdom. For more information please refer to the National Health Service website.