The following peak organisations provide further information on equity and disability in tertiary education.
- National Centre for Student Equity in Higher Education
Informs public policy implementation and institutional practice in order to improve higher education participation and success.
- National Disability Coordination Officer Program (NDCO)
The Australian Government’s NDCO Program works strategically to assist people with disability access and participation in tertiary education and subsequent employment, through a national network of regionally based NDCOs.
- Australian Disabliity Clearing House on Education and Training (ADCET)
Provides information, advice and resources to disability practitioners, academics, teachers and students on inclusive practices within the post-secondary education sector.
- Australian Tertiary Education Network on Disability (ATEND)
The peak professional body for disability practitioners in the Tertiary Education and Training sector.
- Australian Institute of Sport University Network
Supporting Australia’s elite athletes to achieve academic excellence.
- Australian Human Rights Commission
Information about rights regarding disability and education.
- Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission
State level organisation promoting human rights and anti-discrimination practices.
For information specific to the University of Melbourne, please visit preparing for study.