All events and other group activities on campus are cancelled or postponed. We are sorry to advise that we will not be taking external bookings for the foreseeable future. We will update this page when the situation changes. Find out more about the University's COVID-19 response.

Outdoor Spaces

Infrastructure Services is responsible for maintaining the University Campus Grounds. Venue Management offers a booking service for use of campus open space facilities including lawn areas, courtyards and barbecues. In order to preserve our world class facilities and ensure availability, anyone wishing to use an area for a planned activity or event, both large and small, can contact us to make a outdoor space booking.

Amplified and loud music or noise during teaching or exam periods is prohibited.


  • A booking request must be submitted with required details of the event not less than 2 weeks before the event date. Once the booking has been processed, a confirmation notice will be returned.
  • Groups or clubs wishing to make a booking must nominate one member as the Event Manager. The Event Manager completes the booking form, acts as representative and contact for the event, is responsible for the proper conduct of those attending, and ensures the area used is left neat and tidy at the conclusion of the event. Any damage to University property or problems that may have occurred during the event must be reported to Asset Services/Security.
  • If it is intended that alcohol be consumed at the event, all requirements of the University's Procedure for the Responsible Management and Use of Alcohol Policy must be adhered to. Additional Checklist and Event Authorisation forms must be completed along with the booking form.
  • Booking requests from student clubs must come from an executive member of an UMSU affliaited club.
  • Campus grounds may be booked for film or still photography. For Wedding photography permits visit the Wedding Photographs page. For permits for other photography and film shoots please visit the Filming on Campus page.
  • Further advice and resources for event organisers at the University can be found on the Events page.
A minimum of two weeks notice is required for all outdoor bookings

To place a request for an outdoor space:

  1. UMSU Student Clubs - University outdoor grounds spaces can be booked through Resource Booker. Please note that Resource Booker access is only available to UMSU Clubs Executives who have lodged an email address with C&S.
  2. Other Student Clubs - Complete the online student club request form and attach the form.
  3. Internal departments can book the outdoor spaces through Web Room Booking.