Welcome to the External Examinations website for the University of Melbourne
Where Are We?
The Parkville campus is 1.5 kms north of the Melbourne CBD and is easily accessible by public transport.Read more about our location
Please use the buttons below to enquire about sitting external exams here at the University of Melbourne
Terms and Conditions
There are terms and conditions associated with sitting external exams at the University
For all enquiries regarding External Examinations or to confirm your attendance at an exam.Read more about ways to contact us
The University of Melbourne can arrange and conduct examinations for students from other institutions as part of their study program or professional accreditations. The University of Melbourne offers a rate of service, which covers:
- Examination supervision, venue hire, administration and postage for the return of examination papers.
- The fees and charges for additional services and penalties for delay and cancellation may apply.
When Can I Sit My Exams?
In peak periods –beginning of January to end of February, beginning of May to end of July and beginning of October to end of December, examinations will be held on a daily basis.
In the off peak period: beginning of March to the end of April and beginning of August to end of September.
The University will only be supervising exams on the morning of Monday, Wednesday and Friday and the afternoon of Tuesday and Thursday, Examinations will not be held after hours or on weekends or on Australian Public holidays and between Christmas and New Year.
FOR OFF PEAK PERIODS:
Beginning of March to end of April and beginning of August to end of September.
- Students must be at the exam venue 45 minutes before the start of writing time
- Afternoon session - writing time begins at 1:30pm. Tuesday and Thursday
- Morning session - writing time begins at 9:30am on Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- Generally External exams will be held at the following venue: External exam venue, room G01, ground floor Alan Gilbert Building – building 104, corner of Barry and Grattan streets, University of Melbourne Vic 3010 – occasionally though, because of demand for this venue, the exams could be held at another venue. Students and Universities will need to contact Examination Unit – email@example.com regarding the location the exam will be held in.
FOR PEAK PERIODS:
Beginning of January to end of February, beginning of May to end of July and beginning of October to end of December There are basically two sessions a day:
- Morning session - writing time begins at 9:30am and afternoon sessions begins at 1:30pm. Students must be at the venue at least 45 minutes before the start of writing time in either session.
- Exams will be held at the External Exam Venue, room G01, ground floor Alan Gilbert Building [building 104] , corner of Barry and Grattan Street, University of Melbourne, Parkville, VIC 3010
What will the exam cost?
Length of Exam
Cost of Exam
Up to 3 hour exams
Above 3 hour exams
Plus $35 per extra hour for each student
If a student is absent and no notification was given within two days before the day of the exam
Booking of External exams - for students who are required to pay for their exam, by their institution
Students who are required to pay for their exams by their institution [students should be notified by their institution that they are required to pay for their exam]
Students, who are required to pay for their exam, can do so by paying on line – using eCart – please notify Examination Unit in regarding to payment information – firstname.lastname@example.org for this procedure.
At the end of the examination period, the Examination Office will send an invoice to the institution.
- Payment must be made in full within 10 business days from the date of invoicing.
- External exam coordinator will send the list of students who have sat their exam, along with instructions on the amount that is to be paid.
- Late payments may incur additional charges