How to apply
|Type of applicant (Local)||How to apply (closing date is the 31 October 2012)|
|Currently enrolled at the University of Melbourne in the course you wish to apply for a scholarship||Apply for scholarship online via the Student Portal|
|Currently enrolled at the University of Melbourne but the course you are enrolled in is NOT the course you wish to apply for a scholarship||Apply for course AND scholarship using the “Application for Admission to Graduate Research Degree Candidature and Scholarship” form|
|Not currently enrolled at the University of Melbourne|
For reapplicants only
If you applied for the 2012 graduate research scholarships and wish to be considered for the 2013 graduate research scholarships see table below for information on how to apply.
|Type of reapplicant||How to apply (closing date is the 31 October 2012)|
Currently enrolled in the course for which you seek scholarship; or
You have a course offer for 2013 for the course for which you seek a scholarship but are not yet enrolled
Not enrolled in the course for which you seek a scholarship; or
You do not have a course offer for 2013 for the course for which you seek a scholarship
|Apply for course AND scholarship using the “Application for Admission to Graduate Research Degree Candidature and Scholarship” form|
- Answered all the questions on the application.
- Read the scholarship application declaration (if applying online. Applicants using the "Application for Admission to Graduate Degree Candidature and Scholarship" form should read the declaration on the form).
Once your scholarship application has been completed ALL local applicants should:
- If applying online, submit to Melbourne Scholarships by 31 October 2012 the required documents listed on the document checklist. Each attachment should be clearly labelled and a scholarship application coversheet should be attached to the submitted documents.
- If applying using the “Application for Admission to Graduate Research Degree Candidature and Scholarship” form, submit the application form and the required documents as listed on the checklist on the form to the Graduate Research Degree Admissions Office (address is on front of the form) by 31 October 2012.
- Australian Postgraduate Award (APA)
- Melbourne Research Scholarship (MRS)
- Human Rights Scholarship (HRS)
- Pratt Foundation Scholarship
- A.O. Capell Scholarship, Stella Mary Langford Scholarship and Henry James Williams Scholarship
- Helen Macpherson Smith Scholarship
- Knight Research Scholarship
- Sir John and Lady Higgins Research Scholarship
- Ernst and Grace Matthaei Research Scholarship
- Baillieu Research Scholarship
- Fay Marles Scholarship (FMS)
- Frederick Blake Shepherd Scholarship
- Harbison-Higinbotham Research Scholarship
Please note the following scholarships have separate application procedures and closing dates.
- William and Kate Herschell Scholarship (please contact the Melbourne Graduate School of Education.)
- Eleanor and Joseph Wertheim Scholarship.
- Travelling scholarships (please check the details for the travelling scholarships as each has its own application procedure and closing date.).
- Indigenous scholarships
31 October is the closing date for all of the scholarships available for local applicants except the MRS. If applying online, you must complete and submit your application by 11:59pm (AEDT) on 31 October and submit your supporting documents to Melbourne Scholarships by the closing date (if 31 October falls on a weekend, you may submit the required documents on the next working day). If applying using the "Application for Admission to Graduate Degree Candidature and Scholarship" form, the application form and supporting documents must be received at the Graduate Research Degree Admissions Office by 31 October.
While MRS applications are accepted at any time, applications received after 31 October will only be considered for any MRSs that remain in the relevant faculty's allocation at the time the application is assessed. In order to be considered for the greatest range and number of scholarships, we strongly encourage all applicants to submit their application and all required documents well before the 31 October closing date.
We are unable to consider late or incomplete applications for scholarship.