Health and welfare
Take advantage of the range of free or discounted health services available at the University.
- Health ServiceBulk billed medical appointments and health advice
- Counselling and Psychological ServicesCounsellors and mental health resources
- Melbourne Dental ClinicDiscounted dental care
- Melbourne Eyecare ClinicEye assessments, discounted glasses and contact lenses
- Melbourne Audiology and Speech Pathology ClinicHearing and aural care
- Melbourne University SportGym facilities, pool, group fitness classes and more
- Security on campusPatrols, escorts, emergency phones and lost property
- Safer Community ProgramPromoting a respectful and inclusive community
- ChaplaincySpiritual and religious support for different faith groups
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Find out what it is and how to get it.
Careers and employability
Looking for a job or preparing for your future career? There are a number of ways to build your skills and experience while you study.
Learning and development
Having the tools to navigate the University and study effectively is key to your success as a student.
Student admin and IT
Get help with the essentials so you can focus on your studies and campus life.
The University offers a range of services to help you with study, finances, finding a home, managing childcare responsibilities and more.
- Special considerationAcademic adjustments for exceptional circumstances
- Financial support and scholarshipsFinancial help while you study
- Student housingAdvice about housing options and common tenancy issues
- Student Equity and Disability SupportEquitable adjustments and ongoing support
- Murrup BarakPrograms and partnerships for indigenous students
- Early Childhood Education ServicesChildcare for students with parenting responsibilities
- Legal Service (UMSU)Free expert legal advice, support, and referrals
- Elite athletesFlexible study assistance for recognised elite athletes
Stop 1: Connecting students and services
Stop 1 can connect you with the full range of student services to support your success while studying at the University. Browse workshops and sessions, sort out admin, book an appointment with an adviser for expert guidance, or find out where to seek further help if you can’t find what you’re looking for online.
UMSU and GSA: Representing students at Unimelb
As a student, you can access clubs, social events, support, advocacy, representation and a range of other services through University of Melbourne Student Union (UMSU) and University of Melbourne Graduate Student Association (GSA).
Can't find what you're looking for?
The central website for all current students. Get the most out of your student experience, find tools to succeed, and get basic information about your enrolment up to date.
Search across all University websites to find the information you're looking for. Find recommended results, as well as courses, people, places, events and news.