Tools for success
Having the tools to navigate the University and study efficiently is the key to your success as a student. When you’re equipped with the basics, you'll be able to achieve your goals and get the most out of your experience.
- AIRportOnline modules about writing and study skills
- Academic skillsStudy and writing skills workshops, resources and appointments
- Administrative servicesStudent cards, fees, transcripts and graduation
- Course planningResources to choose the right subjects
- Enrolment servicesSupport for subject enrolment and class registration
- Student ITAccess Wi-Fi, computers, printers, software, and more
- Student ConnectAssistance with your transition to University and beyond
- University LibraryDigital collections, journals, books, study spaces, and more
The University offers a range of services to help you with finances, finding a home, getting legal advice and managing childcare responsibilities.
- ChildcareChildcare services for students with parenting responsibilities
- Elite AthletesFlexible study assistance for recognised elite athletes
- Financial AidLoans, grants, and general financial advice
- International studentsSupport for international students
- Legal Service (UMSU)Free expert legal advice, support, and referrals
- Melbourne ScholarshipsScholarship opportunities
- Murrup BarakStudent programs and partnerships for the indigenous community
- Special ConsiderationShort-term adjustments for exceptional circumstances
- Student Equity and Disability SupportEquitable adjustments and ongoing support
- Student HousingAdvice about housing options and common tenancy issues
Health and wellbeing
Your health and overall wellbeing are important, so take advantage of the range of services available to you as a student.
- Audiology ClinicHearing and balance care
- ChaplaincySpiritual and religious support for different faith groups
- Counselling and Psychological ServicesCounsellors and mental health resources
- EyecareEye assessments, discounted contact lenses, and eyeglasses
- Health ServiceDoctor appointments, vaccinations, and health advice
- Melbourne Dental ClinicDiscounted dental care
- Melbourne University SportGym facilities, classes, clubs, and more
- Safer Community ProgramSafe learning, working and living at Unimelb
- Security on campusPatrols, escorts, emergency phones and lost property
Jobs and opportunities
Looking for a job, considering your career, or thinking about going on exchange? There are a number of ways to broaden your horizons when you're a student at the University.
Stop 1: Connecting Students and Services
Stop 1 can help you with admissions, enrolment, course planning, administration, support services and skills development. If you can't find what you're looking for on the web, ask us online, call us on the phone, or see us in person.
UMSU and GSA: Representing students at Unimelb
As a student, you can access clubs, social events, support, advocacy, representation and a range of other services through University of Melbourne Student Union (UMSU) and University of Melbourne Graduate Student Association (GSA).