Most student services are currently being delivered virtually. Check the services below for more information. You can also access support from Stop 1 via phone, chat, email, and virtual appointments.
Health and welfare
Take advantage of the range of free or discounted health services available at the University.
- Health ServiceBulk billed medical appointments and health advice
- Counselling and Psychological ServicesCounsellors and mental health resources
- Melbourne Dental ClinicDiscounted dental care
- Melbourne Eyecare ClinicEye assessments, discounted glasses and contact lenses
- Melbourne Audiology and Speech Pathology ClinicHearing and aural care
- Melbourne University SportGym facilities, pool, group fitness classes and more
- Security on campusPatrols, escorts, emergency phones and lost property
- Safer Community ProgramSafe learning, working and living at the University
- Sexual healthAdvice on sexuality, consent, decision-making and sexual health matters
- ChaplaincySpiritual and religious support for different faith groups
- Mindfulness and meditationFree resources, workshops and yoga classes
Careers and employability
Looking for a job, preparing your career, or thinking about going on exchange? There are a number of ways to broaden your horizons during your studies.
- Careers serviceCentral resource for career advice
- Careers OnlineJob listings and career workshops/events (student login required)
- InternshipsFind internships and work experience while you study
- Students@WorkOn-campus employment opportunities for current students
- VolunteeringMake a difference while gaining experience and building your network
- Employment FundamentalsOnline modules to increase your skills
- Study OverseasMake yourself more employable with an overseas study experience
Learning and development
Having the tools to navigate the University and study efficiently is the key to your success as a student.
Student admin and IT
Get help with the essentials so you can focus on your studies and campus life.
The University offers a range of services to help you with finances, finding a home, getting legal advice and managing childcare responsibilities.
- Student housingAdvice about housing options and common tenancy issues
- Special considerationAcademic adjustments for exceptional circumstances
- Student Equity and Disability SupportEquitable adjustments and ongoing support
- Legal Service (UMSU)Free expert legal advice, support, and referrals
- Murrup BarakPrograms and partnerships for indigenous students
- Financial AidLoans, grants, and general financial advice
- ScholarshipsScholarship opportunities
- Childcare servicesChildcare for students with parenting responsibilities
- Elite athletesFlexible study assistance for recognised elite athletes
Stop 1: Connecting students and services
Stop 1 can connect you with the full range of student services to support your success while studying at the University. Browse workshops and sessions, sort out admin, book an appointment with an adviser for expert guidance, find out where to seek further help or submit an enquiry if you can’t find what you’re looking for online.
UMSU and GSA: Representing students at Unimelb
As a student, you can access clubs, social events, support, advocacy, representation and a range of other services through University of Melbourne Student Union (UMSU) and University of Melbourne Graduate Student Association (GSA).
Can't find what you're looking for?
The central website for all current students. Get the most out of your student experience, find tools to succeed, and get basic information about your enrolment up to date.
Search over 800 frequently asked questions to find the answer you need. You can also ask online by starting a chat, or submit an online enquiry to Stop 1 staff
Search across all University websites to find the information you're looking for. Find recommended results, as well as courses, people, places, events and news.