Health and welfare
Take advantage of the range of free or discounted health services available at the University.
- Health ServiceBulk billed doctor appointments, vaccinations, pathology and health advice
- Counselling and Psychological ServicesCounsellors and mental health resources
- Melbourne Dental ClinicDiscounted dental care
- EyecareEye assessments, discounted glasses and contact lenses
- Melbourne Audiology and Speech Pathology ClinicHearing and aural care
- Melbourne University SportGym facilities, pool, group fitness classes and more
- Security on campusPatrols, escorts, emergency phones and lost property
- Safer Community ProgramSafe learning, working and living at the University
- Student Equity and Disability ServicesFor students who need ongoing support.
- Sexual HealthSexuality, consent, decision-making, contraception and health matters
- ChaplaincySpiritual and religious support for different faith groups
- Meditation and mindfulnessFree resources, workshops and yoga classes
Careers and employability
Looking for a job, preparing your career, or thinking about going on exchange? There are a number of ways to broaden your horizons during your studies.
- Careers servicesCentral resource for career advice
- Careers OnlineJob listings, career workshops, events and news (student login required)
- InternshipsPractice and develop professional skills under supervision in the workplace
- Students@WorkOn-campus employment opportunities for current students
- VolunteeringMake a difference while gaining experience and building your network
- Leaders in Communities Award (LiCA)Official recognition for your extra- curricular involvement
- Study OverseasMake yourself more employable with an overseas study experience
Learning and development
Having the tools to navigate the University and study efficiently is the key to your success as a student. When you’re equipped with the basics, you'll be able to achieve your goals and get the most out of your experience.
Student admin and IT
Get help with the essentials so you can focus on your studies and campus life.
Stop 1: Connecting students and services
Stop 1 can connect you with the full range of student services to support your success while studying at the University. Browse workshops and sessions, sort out admin, book an appointment with an adviser for expert guidance, find out where to seek further help or submit an enquiry if you can’t find what you’re looking for online.
UMSU and GSA: Representing students at Unimelb
As a student, you can access clubs, social events, support, advocacy, representation and a range of other services through University of Melbourne Student Union (UMSU) and University of Melbourne Graduate Student Association (GSA).