The University of Melbourne Health Service is authorised to provide the Comirnaty (Pfizer) and AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria) COVID-19 vaccinations. Book your COVID-19 vaccination appointment online or call 8344 6904 to speak with the Health Service administration team. Find out more about our COVID-19 services, including information on vaccination, our dedicated hotline, testing and travel documentation.
If you are a student currently based outside Australia, please see our advice for students outside Australia.
What to expect when booking an appointment with the Health Service
- You must have an appointment to have a consultation. We are currently not accepting walk-ins.
- You can book a telehealth appointment however if you book a face-to-face appointment, for the safety of all our staff and patients, as you enter the building you will need to have your temperature taken and answer some screening questions.
The Health Service is open Monday to Friday, 8.45 am to 5.00 pm on all days the University is open. You can book online or download the Appointuit app from the Apple iTunes store or Google Play store.
You can also make an appointment by calling (03) 8344 6904.
The Health Service now offers telehealth consultations as well as in-person appointments. You can book a telehealth appointment if you:
- Are in Australia (consultations cannot be provided to anyone offshore)
- Don’t require in-person assistance (e.g. if the doctor doesn’t need to conduct an examination).
If you are unsure if a telehealth is right for you, please call (03) 8344 6904 to check your eligibility.
To book a telehealth appointment:
- Call (03) 8344 6904 or book via the online booking system
- Indicate YTH in your appointment reminder confirmation text.
Fees and charges for staff and students.
Information for new patients
Find out what to bring to your first appointment, and fill out new patient information forms in advance.
Information for international students
Find out about insurance, medication, referrals and receiving health care in Australia.
Results and questions
After hours care
To arrange an after-hours home visit from National Home Doctor Service, call 13 SICK (13 7425) or 03 9429 5677. Alternatively, check the list of emergency contacts for inner-city public hospitals that provide care 24 hours a day.