What if my club is not affiliated, or if I am not part of any club?
As the representative of a non-affiliated club or as an individual student, you have two options if you wish to book a centrally managed teaching space. You can either:
- approach your teaching department to see if they are willing to make an internal booking on your behalf. There are generally no costs associated with internal departmental bookings during the day;
- make an External Booking. Please note that there are costs associated with booking the venue as an external client.
As a representative of a student club, you can book a "Central" teaching space or outdoor location under the following conditions and the conditions stated in the Terms and Conditions for Student Clubs:
- Your club is affiliated with the student union, the Graduate Student Association or Melbourne University Sport;
- You are the president, vice president, secretary or treasurer of that club. Other club members are unable to book venues on behalf of the club executives;
- Your club is willing to bear any service costs incurred (including event support, AV support and cleaning as required).
- The booking is for internal club activities only and not on behalf of an external organisation, or a club sponsor.
For information on when 2019 bookings will be available, please go to the booking request page:
Afterhours bookings are any bookings on a Saturday or Sunday, or that finishes later than 6:15pm on a weekday.
Dedicated Event Support is required for some afterhours bookings for Student clubs. Please rad the guide found on the button below
If you need to follow up on an outstanding booking request, please follow up by replying to your the email from Uni Services that has your ASR number. If you do not hear back and it is urgent, please ring us and quote your ASR number.
More information on the types of rooms available for bookings on campus, and the services provided in relation to room hire can be found under General Information.
A detailed explanation of the roles and responsibilities of all parties in relation to the booking of University facilities can be found in the University of Melbourne Property Policy.