Resource Booker has been developed to allow you to book resources including rooms, staff, and equipment. It's integrated with the University's timetable to make teaching spaces available for booking online.
Resource booker is limited to student clubs affiliated with UMSU and Postgraduate students for the 1888 Building. For UMSU affiliated clubs , you can use it to book University grounds spaces and USMU resources, including rooms and equipment. View the user guide or see the available rooms .
Have an issue?
For help booking GSA spaces in 1888 building, please contact via email: email@example.com
For student clubs affiliated with UMSU, please contact the UMSU Information Centre via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Booking a space
As a representative of a student club, you can book a "Central" teaching space or outdoor location under the following conditions and as stated in the Terms and Conditions:
- Your club is affiliated with the student union, the Graduate Student Association or Melbourne University Sport;
- You are the president, vice president, secretary or treasurer of that club. Other club members are unable to book venues on behalf of the club executives;
- Your club is willing to bear any service costs incurred (including event support, AV support and cleaning as required).
- The booking is for internal club activities only and not on behalf of an external organisation, or a club sponsor.
Please plan your event ahead and try to give us at least three business days notice for regular bookings. Bookings that require event support or other support services will need to be requested eight business days prior to the event, so that we can organise services.
Venue Management endeavour to respond to booking requests in three business days, but may take longer to get back to you, depending on staffing and other priorities.
Every event must be sponsored and approved by the Dean or Divisional Head (or nominee). It is the event organiser’s legal responsibility to design a COVIDSafe event in accordance with current public health advice as available on the University's COVID-19 website.
After hours bookings are any bookings on a Saturday or Sunday, or that finishes later than 6:15pm on a weekday.
Dedicated Event Support is required for some after hours bookings for Student clubs and additional charges apply. Please read the guide found on the button below:
What if my club is not affiliated, or if I am not part of any club?
As the representative of a non-affiliated club or as an individual student, you have two options if you wish to book a centrally managed teaching space. You can either:
- Approach your teaching department to see if they are willing to make an internal booking on your behalf. There are generally no costs associated with internal departmental bookings during the day;
- Make an External Booking. Please note that there are costs associated with booking the venue as an external client.
If you need to follow up on an outstanding booking request, please follow up by replying to your the email from Uni Services that has your ASR number.
More information on the types of rooms available for bookings on campus, and the services provided in relation to room hire can be found under General Information.
A detailed explanation of the roles and responsibilities of all parties in relation to the booking of University facilities can be found in the University of Melbourne Property Policy.