Counselling and Psychological Services (CAPS) provide a number of services to staff of the University of Melbourne.
Students at risk
We encourage and promote early identification and support of students who may be experiencing mental health issues or personal distress.
Mental health training
Counselling and Psychological Services offer a range of mental health training for staff.
Staff can access counselling through the Employee Assistance Program, as well as short-term counselling through Counselling and Psychological Services.
Programs for residential colleges and affiliated accommodation
Counselling and Psychological Services provide a number of specialist training programs for student leaders, tutors and advisors in residential colleges.
Liaison with faculties, departments, and Stop 1
We encourage communication and aim to assist you with any matters pertaining to student issues.
We can provide:
- Assistance in managing and responding to critical incidents
- Advice on management of complex issues through secondary consultation
- Information on emerging issues and trends
- Facilitation to improve working relationships between groups of students, or groups of staff and students
- Help in facilitating referrals, including to individual counselling, and to workshops for students and staff
- Attendance to staff meetings, as requested
For further information, please contact Orania Tokatlidis, Manager, Counselling and Psychological Services.